Saturday, June 07, 2008

Chelsea got me up WAY to early this morning but that was because it was such a strange night. I was awake off and on from about 1:30AM. My arm hurt and I just could not get sound asleep. Finally, I could hear her pacing a panting outside the door and got up at about 5:30 to take her for her walk. It was quite pleasant.

The rest of the day, she has been very subdued. I don't think she really feels too well and I think she is getting a bit senile.

There are a couple of, I think, Kildeer at the end of June Grass Lane. They used to try to lead us away from their area, but now seem to accept that we will walk right by if they stay on the lawn. Chelsea doesn't usually see them anyway.

When I got back, Dick and I both lay down to take a nap and wouldn't you know, Rachel, from the Visiting Nurses called and asked to come over to do her nurses evaluation. She checked Dick all over again, and looked at his feet. She said they looked really good which made me feel like all the work we have been doing was for something. Now if they will just heal. Both she and the Mary will be back next week to do more. We should have the wheel chair early next week too.

The rest of the day was quiet. At least I did not have to go anywhere. I was sure glad because thunder and lightening and were just rolling across the land. There is potential flooding all through the area. On the news they showed the streets full of water and warned of driving through them as rushing water can float a car away.

This reminded me of Pismo Beach. We went jeeping there as a family with the Orange County Four Wheelers in my previous life. It is was a huge area of sand dunes nest to the ocean. We always camped in a kind of traditional area near the water and then would go out from there to the favorite dune area. It is long enough ago, that I have forgotten the names we gave the challenging spots, but one of them was down the beach a long way and we crossed over an area during low tide that became a small river when the tide came. in. Careful timing was required and I do remember one trip where Big Al came last when we were a little late and his jeep started to float out to sea. We hooked a two line on it and pulled him back to shore before any damage was done. Quite a site.


Have a Blessed Sunday

Mary

No comments: