Thursday, June 05, 2008

We finally got our rain. I don't know how much, but it rained most of the morning. Everything got a good soaking. Chelsea and I, for the first time in a long time, were unable to take a walk. There was quite a bit of thunder too. Chelsea does not get so frightened anymore because she does not hear very well.

I had called the other day to ask Dr. Sharon to send a referral to the Visiting Nurses. Boy are they quick. We got a call from an Ellen this morning and she came at 11AM to review things with us and to fill out all the paperwork. She went through EVERYTHING. From Dick's meds to how we move him in and out of bed and around the house. She is recommending a wheelchair. I told her that I don't think it will fit into the bedroom and office but she is concerned because he cannot walk over a few feet because of the pain. She is sending a nurse and and occupational therapist to evaluate and see how they can help also. We should hear tomorrow or Monday to set those up. They do know that he has a procedure with Dr. Siddique tomorrow.

I had my first actual physical therapy for my shoulder today. That is kind of painful. She is working on relaxing the muscles and that involves pressing on them until they resist. I now have three exercises for homework.

I think Chelsea is getting a little senile. She is really nagging me and whining a lot. If I could only figure out what it is she wants.

Doggies are really funny. I remember when I got my Tara, a beautiful black lab. My ex husband came home one night a bit tipsy and said, in front of the boys, "How would you like a dog?" WELL. You know how THAT turned out. So he brought Tara home the next evening. She was a excited girl but kept coughing. I looked more closely at her and found that her choke chain was literally cutting into her neck. Apparently her previous owners had put it on her as a puppy and never checked it again. So my Ex cut it off with metal cutters. Poor baby. I think I thought about that because we had to tighten Chelsea's collar with the loss of all her hair and I need to be checking it. As a matter of fact, I think I want to put a middle hole in it so it will not be quite as tight as it is.

Tomorrow is another procedure with Dr. Siddique. We hope we are almost to the end of those.

Take care and pray for us and all the people on MY list.

Mary

No comments: