Monday, June 02, 2008

We got a little bit of rain tonight. I hope it is not over yet. What we got was pleasant but not enough to really do a lot of good.

Chelsea seems to be coughing a lot more again. It is almost time to renew one of her meds and I will mention it to her veterinarian when I call. She did say we can do a bit of upping the doses to help her.

This morning, Dick and I went to see a Dr. Moreno at the Sheboygan Clinic. He checked out Dicks open callouses and gave us a new medication to treat them with and some post surgical slipper shoes to wear for a while. He is not happy about the support stockings because they constrict circulation, but knows we need them for other reasons. He is ordering one of those compression thingies for his legs to help with circulation and swelling.

Then I went to Sheboygan Falls. I got to Bible Study just in time for the final prayer, then went over to visit with Mother for a bit and to find out the changes on her medications. That seems to be the story of my day. Changing Meds.

After lunch, I went for my physical therapy evaluation. I saw a Rebecca who did a very thorough look at me. I will be going twice a week to try to strengthen the muscles and nerves in my neck and shoulder and I even have homework. I haven't had homework for years.

On the way there I exchanged Dick's walker for a new one. (Did I tell you that one of the hand brakes broke on Friday. Deanne, the helper at Adams Drug Store, had never had that happen before.) Anyway we just exchanged it. It sure is a Godsend, as it helps Dick with his balance and provides him two handles that are solid on the ground to hang on to. When he is really tired, we can even roll him a short distance, sitting.

The Rhine Plymouth membership meeting was tonight. I went, it is only an hour so I am was gone too long. On the way there, I saw a hawk flying. That is not really too unusual, BUT he was carrying a mouse in his beak. I never saw that before. I guess they have to eat too but I don't know what the mouse thought about that.

They are doing a special on how Las Vegas developed on PBS. I remember years ago, my mother in law, Lily used to save all her nickels in a big jar just waiting for the change to go to Vegas and plug those nickels in the one armed bandits. One weekend, Jacquie, Doris, Lily, another roommate of Jacquie's, I think her name was Tammy, and me all drove there and just had a ball, all in one motel room and just plugging those machines. We couldn't have done too well, but we had fun and were calling Lily, "Madame Lil".

Have a nice Tuesday.

Love

Mary

No comments: