Wednesday, June 04, 2008

This was a very exciting day. You have already seen the results of some of my labors. Isn't our girl just the prettiest thing you have ever seen. She is being very persistent and kind of whiny tonight. I think she feels a little sorry for herself. But she is beautiful and when the hot weather really hits us she will be a grateful little puppy.

We stopped off at Mother's on the way home so she could see Chelsea. She said that she would not have known her. She is always amazed at out white she is.

I then went grocery shopping. I needed to be home by noon because Leslie had emailed that she was calling at 1PM. And she did.


A lot of happenings down there. Leslie was in the hospital on Monday night. She has anemia. Quite severe anemia but at least now it is being treated. They still love their house and are making improvements and making it "theirs" a bit at a time.

They will be here for a visit, Bill, Leslie and BOTH GIRLS |TOO in August. They are hoping to arrive the 1st and leave the 8th but MAY if problems arise, arrive on the 4th and leave on the 11th. Anyway it has been way too long and we are eager to see them and spend time catching up. The girls are doing well. Nora is well ensconced in her Air Force life as a Dental Technician. Her husband is working AND going to school to be an electrician. Sara is happy and her special person is moving to California and she will be going too. We can find out EVERYTHING when we are together. I can hardly wait.

I did rest this afternoon but am still glad that it is getting on to 9PM when I can take Chelsea out for her last walk of the evening and get ready for bed.

Today I was thinking of my Dad. I was his firstborn, you know. I don't know whether I told you this story. When he took Mom to the hospital, he picked up my Grandma Bowser, so he must have been pretty scared. I was a rather difficult delivery, Mom said. They had to use forceps and I was kind of blotchy and bruises up.

So they brought me out to show Dad, who had never seen a newborn baby before, and he told them that I could not possibly be his. He told me this when Randy was a baby. Randy was a beautiful baby from the very beginning. Dad DID tell me that he was glad they kept me as I improved very quickly.

Love

Mary

No comments: