Thursday, January 10, 2008

I DID get to stay home all day. I woke up at 6AM anyway but that was OK.

I did a lot of cleaning and took down a lot of Christmas ornaments and worked on the quilting projects that I have going downstairs.

Chelsea and I took our walk at about 10AM. She was all perky and happy for that but has been a bit tired and mopy since then. Poor baby is really getting old. Sometimes we wonder if she knows who we are right away. She looks so confused.

It has started to snow tonight but we are not supposed to be getting much, maybe two inches max.

This morning I checked the obituaries in the Sheboygan Press for the past couple of days and saw a Lorraine LeMahieu. One of Mother's dear friends is Lorraine LeMahieu. It had occurred on the 7th and I thought that Mother probably wondered why I had not mentioned it. Then I read the details and things did not gel. So I called Mom this morning and found that it is NOT her friend but her friend's husband's cousin's wife. (Does that make any sense at all?) Mom said that her heart stopped when she saw the name too but when she read the husband's name she knew who it was. The trouble is that Mom's friend has moved to Sheboygan, no longer drives and has not been calling them so it could have been her.

Jeff called this evening. I will be able to pick up the venison that Tom gave us and Jeff arranged for butchering tomorrow after my lunch at Dairy Queen. I will also be going to shoot pistol league with my friend Nancy Roehre. So it will be a full day.

I'll lean on you and
you lean on me and
we'll be okay

-- Dave Matthews


Love

Mary

No comments: