Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Chelsea and I had our first walk in three days today. It finally did not rain and was not cold enough to be icy. Dick and I went grocery shopping first. We had breakfast at the Family Restaurant downtown and split an omelet. It was very very good. I have no IDEA how anyone could eat a whole one.

I had hoped to be able to stay home the rest of the day but Dr. Sharon's office called and I had to go to Walgreen's to pick up a prescription for Dick. While I was out, I filled the gas tank. We really have cut down on driving and this has reduced our gasoline bill even with gas prices up. The points from the Pig are helping too. But we DO have to fill it up occasionally.

Now, tomorrow, I should be able to stay home all day. Hopefully, I can get the ornaments off of the tree. I packed up the Nativity scenes today. Takes just as long to put it away as it did to put it all up.

I have also spent the last two days rescheduling the CWI meeting. It was going to be on Wednesday the 16th, then the SCHRC (Sheboygan County Historical Research Center) became unavailable. So we are going to meet on the 17th instead, one day later. I have gathered all I know about the Deeley and Clifford Families. I must remember to check Mother's information on Monday. She MAY have more on the Clifford family.

I am making a quilted wall hanging of the Clifford Family Crest. I will try to get it done by Thursday but may be pushing a bit hard as Sunday I am going rabbit hunting with by brothers and the Behrs and Leroy. Maybe this time I will actually GET something.

When it gets this cold, I think of wonderful trips out to the sand dunes at Glamas and Yuma. They are truly beautiful in their simplicity. We could ride them for hours and not see a single soul or go to a predesignated place and see hundreds of other jeepers and sand buggy people.
Our club would always go out at the same time and set up our camp in a big circle much like the old wagon trains did way back when. In the evening we would haul in old dried out trees and abandoned railroad ties soaked in creasote to fuel a fire at night for all to gather around, young and old and sip brandy and beer and sodas for the kids and talk and sing til we couldn't stay awake any more. Then the next day we would load up everybody in the jeeps again and go out riding some more.

Are we going to get more snow?

Love

Mary

No comments: