Monday, November 12, 2007

Imagine my surprise this morning when I woke up and found that it was 51 degrees outside. Chelsea and I were quite pleased with that circumstance even if it was a bit damp. It was NOT raining but a bit damp. She was quite the little adventuress going into the park and coming back around to her left instead of to her right. I think she was actually a bit tired as she kept flopping on her little belly to catch her breath. She did do a LOT of coughing last night and had a seizure yesterday.

Bible study this morning. We talked about the end of the world in three different ways. Paul tells people that those who do not work should not eat, referring to some laggards in his time who figured that Jesus would be along any day now so why put oneself out. We wondered how we should handle that statement. How does one know if someone is really in need our just plain lazy. We decided that this letter from Paul was directed more to the laggards themselves than to those who were doing the best they could.

Tom Keyes brought up an interesting term that I had never heard "Dry Martyr" referring to those who die for Christ just by living their lives as they should and are not tortured to death at the hands of the infidels.

Stopped at Mother's after the study. She is doing just fine. She will go to the senior meals tomorrow and is going out for lunch and canasta with her buddies on Wednesday. A pretty busy week.

On the way to Dick's appointment with Dr. Hermann, we swung by the Sheboygan Writer's Club meeting so I could drop of my saddle stapler so that John and whoever can more easily assemble the little booklets they are preparing for this year's Christmas party. The booklets will feature writings from the members.

The appointment with Dr. Hermann went very well. It is a very quick test this cystography. A bit uncomfortable as it is invasive AND Dick had to be on his back again. But it is over and Dr. Hermann says that all looks just fine.

So - we had a GREAT day. Tomorrow, we are home all day until 7:00PM when the Bible Study that Fr. Van Beeck does every year starts. It goes from 7 to 8 exactly. His topic this year is from Luke 18:8 "But when the Son of Man comes will he find any faith on the earth."

I am going to bake pumpkin bread tomorrow using the nice fresh pumpkin that I prepared on Sunday. I feel so frugal.

Will Rogers said. " If there are no dogs in heaven, than when I die, I want to go where they went." Seems quite sensible to me.

Love

Mary

No comments: