Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Except for tonight's Adult Education at St. John's, we were able to stay home all day. Chelsea woke me up at 5AM. She is drinking WAY too much water with the pills that she is taking. So. I took her out to go potty and then went back to bed. We went out for our regular walk at 6AM then.

I spent the morning sewing and cleaning the den, bedroom and downstairs kitchen. After lunch I took a little nap until the phone rang. It was Jacquie. I had called her yesterday to wish her a Happy Birthday and she was returning the call. Things are about the same there. She is well.

Dick and I racked a gallon of Lemon Balm wine this afternoon. Tomorrow we will rack Currant then on Thursday we can do the dandelion. Then everything can sit for a month before we do anything with it. Wine takes a lot of patience.

The Study at St. John's was REALLY good. Fr. Van Beeck brings things down to earth and makes them so practical. Talking about Faith and Awe of God and all that is Godly, which is his theme this year, he told a story about when he was in first grade. It was an old old school. Remember those old heavy windows in those old school buildings? Well, the first grade teacher, a nun, pulled up one of those windows at the beginning of class. She got it up a few feet and it slipped and landed on her thumb. She kept her cool and told two of the boys to go and get some eight grade boys from the classroom across the hall. They ran out and in a few minutes came back alone. Where are the boys, she asked. They said they couldn't get them because they were praying. They "knew better" than to interrupt a prayer. Eventually that was resolved and the principal came to the class later in the day and explained to the munchkins that such an event would be a good reason to interrupt a prayer.

He also listed in order bible passages that showed the growing faith of the apostles. That was interesting. They didn't always have enough either. Maybe there is hope for me.

When Bret was four, I enrolled him in a cooperative preschool. We mothers worked and ran it. We took turns working, preparing crafts and bringing snacks. It was quite nice. Anyway, Bret did his first painting. We brought it home and posted it properly on the refrigerator. It was all one big colored blob. When his Dad got home he asked Bret what it was. Bret looked at him in disgust and said and I quote. "It's a painting." Apparently that is all it was or had to be.



The following is just funny, I got it from my friend Janet.

I was depressed last night so I called Lifeline.

Got a call center in the Middle East.

Told them I was suicidal.

They got all excited and asked if I could fly a plane.

Love


Mary

No comments: