Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Chelsea woke me up at 6:08AM this morning. I had had a nice long sleep and was ALMOST ready to face the day. We had a nice walk. She sat down to rest twice on the walk but then eagerly rushed on.

Dick and I went to Family Restaurant for breakfast and then grocery shopping at the Pig.

When we got home, I finished two Celtic Women sweatshirt jackets that I had started and finished getting what I could this early gathered for deer hunting on Saturday. Tomorrow I will call Jeff or Randy to find out what time to meet them out there.

Dick had a doctor's appointment with Dr. Sharon today. He kind of summarized stuff for us and was quite reassuring. He did suggest that Dick start eating yogurt or taking pills to help encourage GOOD bacteria as the antibiotics do not discriminate.

I made pumpkin bread on Sunday. I reminded me of my Bart when he was little. We went on a boat tour of lights one Christmas around Newport Harbor. I brought Cranberry Bread and Pumpkin Bread to eat on the tour. One of Bart's Dad's co workers.go the biggest kick out of Bart. He was eating a piece of the pumpkin bread and he announced that it was the best bread he had ever eaten. Then he said. "You make good bread, Mom. Your cranberry bread is OK but your pumpkin bread is really good." Bart was always this funny little mix of honesty and sensitivity. I remember a Thanksgiving that we spent with friends. Margie made her stuffing with much more sage than I do and he obviously did not like it too well but he never said a word. Then later we were snacking again and asked him if he wanted more stuffing and he said no he did not like it. Then he realized that he might have hurt Margie's feelings so he looked her full in the face, smiled and said "But you make the BEST pumpkin pie that I ever had." These happened when he was between four and six. What a guy. He still is


Love

Mary

No comments: