Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Somehow this day is finally winding down and I feel like there should have been an hour or more to fit in all that was accomplished.


Chelsea and I had a lovely lively walk this morning. I believe that this is the first day in over a week that we have not had a severe coughing spell or seizure.

Dick and I went to breakfast,(Mc Donalds.) and then grocery shopping early. Then we had to take Chelsea for her checkup at 9:30. Her levels lo0k good. Dr. Connors is somewhat concerned that she is still having episodes. We are going to continue with the medications as we are giving them until her regular appointment in mid November unless things change. Actually, Dick and I are pleased that they are getting further apart. I am going to record them from now on.

I made a big batch of chili today. If anybody is interested, we are going to have it for supper tomorrow night. We eat about 5:30PM. All are welcome.

I also made a great apple salad.

Tonight was the second meeting of Celtic Women Sheboygan Branch. We again had 7 people there. Five of the originals and two new. I think we will be OK. We decided on our next two meetings and enjoyed the session at the Stafford. I sang two songs so it was a fun night for me. I sang Isle of Inishfree and Whiskey on a Sunday. People SAID they liked it. I hope so. If I go again, I hope they let me sing again.

We were talking family histories tonight. My Grandpa Deeley came to work in the Brickner Woolen Mills at the request of Mr. Brickner to work as a foreman because of his reputation as a manager in mills in the East. Grandpa Deeley tells of his entry into Sheboygan Falls. He took the train as far as he could and then was told to walk the rest of the way into Sheboygan Falls. Now, remember he was from the East, New Jersey and Connecticut and such and Wisconsin had been described to him an still was pretty wild and unsettled. On his way he hear a godawful noise coming from the bush around him. He just KNEW it was Indians and he ran the rest of the way into town in a total panic. Imagine his chagrin later to find out that the "Indians" were nothing more than wild turkeys.

Love

Mary

No comments: