Saturday, October 20, 2007

Dick and I spent an exciting morning at the Stephanie Weill Center as part of the taping of the Michael Feldman PBS Show What' ya Know. It was a special thing for Sheboygan. He geared his interviews and dialogue and music to Sheboygan.

He interviewed Ruth De Young Kohler about the current exhibit at the John Michael Kohler Art Center, a representative from Miesfeld and a local surfer called Long Board. He also featured a local polka band. We enjoyed it immensely and then went to Amber's for lunch. We then tried to go to Miesfeld's for some brats but ran into the biggest mess of a road repair right at 42/43 that we could not figure out so we just came home.

It was a nice quiet afternoon. Chelsea only had one coughing spell that we know of today. Quite a relief from yesterday. I took a little nap and just puttered on stuff around the house.

When we got home there was a message on the machine that there were flowers on Jim and Michelle's doorstep. So I went to get them as Jim and Michelle left today til next Friday for a dual birthday and anniversary vacation up north. They are from Leslie and Bill and are absolutely beautiful. I took pictures all around and will keep them in the den downstairs which is cooler to see if they will keep for Jim and Michalle. They left early this morning. We haven't seen them in about two weeks. They emailed on Thursday to remind us that they were going to be gone and confirm that I was feeding Boots. I did kind of expect them to call last night just to say goodbye. If I had not seen them this morning as they left I would have wondered exactly when they had left and when exactly they were coming back. Oh Well.

Anyway, I called Leslie and Bill to let them know that Dick and I are going to get most of the benefit out of the flowers. They were not unhappy with that. We had a good visit. All is well down there and Nora will be graduating on Dec 21. and will be home for Christmas.

Guess that is all for now.

All my love

Mary

No comments: