Tuesday, October 16, 2007

It was a quiet day. Our walk was rather short as everything was soaked and it was misting even then. Chelsea would have gone further but I turned her back.

I spent a good portion of the day quilting the baby blanket for Becky's little one. I should get it all done except for the label on Thursday. I can't do the label until the munchkin is here because I need the name so I can personalize it.

Today I tried something new. I had about a dozen jalepeno's left from harvesting the plant on my deck so I made poppers. I was a little worried because neither Dick nor I like things TOO hot. I cooked bacon, onion and mushrooms until the bacon was crisp. Let it cool, then mixed in shredded mozzerella and Mexican cheeses and creamed it together with cream cheese. Then I cleaned and halved the jalapenos and stuffed them. They baked for about 20 minutes at 350 and were delicious. I will hang on to that one.

Tomorrow, Chelsea has her blood test to be sure that her medications are not affecting her kidneys. Let's hope.


Autumn




The trees are full of color

Like an artist's palette with no rhyme or reason

The joy of the season is reflected in the hues

Of the trees as along country roads

Store these colors in the recesses of your soul

To comfort and warm you when the cold stark white and gray

Of winter threaten to overcome and leave you empty.




Joy to you

Mary

No comments: