Thursday, September 20, 2007

We thought today was going to be sunny and hot. We were wrong. The sun DID come out this afternoon, but it remained quite cool. I don't believe it got much above 70 and that was in the late afternoon.

We got up at 6 so I could get Chelsea walked and take my shower to get us to the Clinic in Sheboygan to Sue in the Anti-Coagulation clinic. His count was WAY high. 4.4. It is supposed to be between two and three. This is the second highest that he has ever recorded. We think it is because he has been drinking all that cranberry juice to ward off a bladder infection. Well, we warded off the bladder infection but apparently overkilled. Of course, if he had gotten a bladder infection, the antibiotics could ALSO have thrown the count off. So he is to drink ONE glass of cranberry juice daily and adjust the meds again.

We went to the Parkview Restaurant in Falls for breakfast then to Mom's where I harvested Lemon Balm to brew a batch of Lemon Balm wine, known in our house as Balmy Days. I also checked the wine bottles that she has been saving, picked out what I can use and put the rest in blue bags for Randy to take out to the trash next pickup. Mom and Dick visited while I took care of these things.

When we got home I mixed up the wine and baked a batch of pear bread (a new thing but VERY good). Now the pears that Bobbie left us are down to a reasonable amount for us to eat fresh. I will leave some at Bobbie and Bill's the last night that we feed the kitties.

We left at 2:30PM to take care of the kitties. They are waiting for us because they are so lonely. Roxie lets me pick her up and cuddle and kiss her, I suppose because she is hungry. After they ate, my Oscar ran upstairs, but he came down in a bit and stared at me. I finally walked over and picked him up too. He didn't really struggle but got down right away and started doing the wriggling on the ground thing just out of reach. So I got down on the ground and just petted him. He loved it and started purring so the floor shook. Gee but I miss them. All I want for Christmas is my Kitties.

I finished sewing one of the quilt tops together today. Tomorrow, I will have to stop and get some backing and fill for both of them.

We had pea soup and Irish Bacon, tomato and lettuce sandwiches for supper tonight. All that smoked meat made me VERY thirsty, I am almost chugging a bottle of water. Guess I will be up and down all night now.

Later

Mary

No comments: