Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Guess what, my little green frog is back on the deck again. I don't know where he comes from and I have no idea how he gets there. But if he worked his way back up from the nice safe grass down below, who am I to tell him he can't stay there.

It was supposed to be in the mid 80s today but never got over 76. We are not complaining I must say. I went out this morning and sprayed thistles in the planters with Weed B Gone. There is a guy who comes around and pulls them but we need to get down to the roots or they will come back forever.

Bobbie left a bunch of pears for us when they left. The trouble with that, as I am sure you have experienced, is that they all ripen at once. So I am thinking of ways to use them. I made the most delicious pear cheesecake today. I got it on a site called calpear.com. It is called Crunch Pear Cheesecake. Tomorrow I am going to bake some pear bread.

Dick had his consultation with Dr. Siddique this afternoon. He is very pleased with what he has accomplished so far with Dick's legs. However, on November 7th he will do another procedure to the arteries which will remove more plaque so that there are not just stents in them but also clean clear arteries. Then we will discuss the veins. He says he will laser them and pull them. At this point, all they are doing is sending dirty blood back to the heart. I figure we are maybe 1/3 of the way through. By next spring, maybe his legs will be all healthy and healed.

Dick mentioned, heck, he pleaded, that Dr. Siddique do something to help him during the 6 hours that he has to lay flat on his back. Dr. Siddique says he can arrange to have him in bed on a slant, and will order morphine if it gets too bad. Dick is very relieved.

I fixed pork chop bruschetta for supper tonight. Really simple. Salt and pepper a boneless pork chop. Dredge it in bread crumbs and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until it is done. Dice a Roma tomato and mix with some Italian Dressing. Spoon over the pork chop, top with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake for 5 to 10 minutes more. Simple and easy.

This morning I finished sewing the squares for the baby quilts together and then laid out the squares in the way I want them. Now I get to assemble the top and then the quilts. They are looking pretty nice. Babies need nice warm blankets. And every baby should have their own. I heard that the Koran says that every child has a right to believe that the world was created just for them. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Love

Mary

No comments: