Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Another busy day. Dick corralled Chelsea in the office this morning so I got to sleep until 6:30AM. We will not have that luxury tomorrow as we have to go shopping in the morning. This morning, Chelsea was a lazy girl and cut through the park on our walk. She tried to cut out part of the rest of the walk too but I wouldn't let her.

We had a meeting with our attorney to finish signing the updates to our wills, and durable and health power of attorney forms. Another loose end taken care of . Aren't we just so efficient?

I did a bunch of sewing squares together for baby quilts AND Dick and I filtered the 5 gallon jug of White Zin that is now ready to be bottled. Actually we need to bottle the White Zin, a batch of current AND two gallons of Chokecherry. With all the "excitement" and priorities of health we are way behind. Thursday, on our way home from the clinic from Dick's coagulation check, we will stop at Mother's house so I can pick the lemon balm and start a batch of that. It is such a nice light summer wine that I hate to miss a year.

This afternoon we went over to feed my sweet kitties. Boy were they ever glad to see us. They were so hungry that they actually came up to us and they let me hug them and cuddle them and pet them and call them George. I just want them. I hope I gave them enough food. I think that Bobbie and Bill feed them twice a day but I don't know how much and I can't give them the WHOLE amount in one feeding because they would probably throw up.

We stopped at the new restuarant at the Airport. I think it is called the Final Approach. We liked it a lot. It is decorated nicely and has a view of a runway through the windows. The menu is nicely diverse. they have everything from steak (including Buffalo) to duck, to salmon to all kinds of nice pastas. Dick ordered perch and I ordered the Buffalo. We ate our fill and still have lots left for tomorrow.

Bobbie left us some pears. I am researching pear desserts as there are way to many for us to eat before they are too ripe. I'll let you know what I decide on.

WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

Love

Mary

No comments: