Tuesday, August 21, 2007

It did not rain today. However we are supposed to be on storm watch this evening from what I hear this morning. Chelsea and I enjoyed a nice walk too. She is still quite bouncy when we are out. When she sleeps however, she is dead to the world. Today, the door bell rang, she did not hear it. I answered the door with her sleeping IN THE KITCHEN HALL, talked to Jim Bordeau, who was delivering the Tall Grass newsletter and she never knew he was there. Poor baby.

I baked myself silly today. Tomorrow is the bust up party for the Rhine Plymouth Morning Trap league and I am helping John with the food. I am bringing desserts. I baked cupcakes, cookies and made some rice krispie bars. Whatever is left will be just fine for us. John is picking up Subs and Auntie Em's Potato Salad from the Pig and his wife is making beans. Should be a really good bust up lunch.

Tomorrow night Bill Cain and Jennifer his assistant, are taking Jim, Michelle, Dick and me out to 52 Stafford for dinner. Since we will have breakfast out because we shop tomorrow, I will be eating out all three meals. Such a deal. I think I deserve it.

I had a dentist appointment today. Just for cleaning. Glad that is over for another couple of months. My gums were in better shape again. So I am doing something right.

The rest of the day was rather quiet. Dick and I cleaned out our bedroom closets and have two bags of clothes ready to take to St. Vinnies.

A joke from Reader's Digest by Mary Roberge: "A warning called out by a bus driver at Disney World: Don't forget your kids. If we find them, we drop them off at the "It's a Small World ride, where they'll learn the song in 30 languages and sing it to you over and over."

A true story about that. My friend Joyce Nusser was telling another friend how much she enjoyed It's a Small World. He said. "Don't even say Small World to me!. " He and his family had gone to Disneyland. They went on Small World and the ride broke down.. For 45 minutes. Learning and listening to that song in 30 languages may not be such a bad thing. They were hearing the same phrase over and over and over again. He was just about ready to climb out of the tram and make his way out of that trap through the dolls and the singing when it started up again. Needless to say he did not like the song OR the cute little figures.

Love

Mary

No comments: