Tuesday, July 03, 2007

We are finally getting some very welcome rain. When Chelsea and I took our rather short walk this morning, there was a little bit of a sprinkle and I was afraid that might be the extent of it.

Dick had his blood coagulation test this morning and despite the antibiotics is still within range, so he doesn't have to adjust his medication. He will have it rechecked in two weeks when he is done taking the antibiotics. Then we went to Hardee's for a quick breakfast.

On the way back to Plymouth, I stopped at Mother's house and picked up the currents and lettuce that Jeff and Kathy had brought with them yesterday. Tomorrow, I will be mixing up a new batch of current wine. Tom Lawonn from Rhine says he has some too and will let me know when they are ripe. I need to get three batches racked one more time then filtered and bottled. They are Marigold, chokecherry and current (all of these got a late start because of the move. I had frozen everything until I could get to mixing everything up.)

We finished our morning errands by stopping at the bank and grocery shopping. Boy were we glad to get home. I spent the rest of the morning writing and organizing my desk again. The rain has been coming off and on, sometimes heavy sometimes light and tonight we are getting thunder. Surprisingly it does not seem to be bothering Chelsea. She is either not hearing it or choosing to ignore it. Sometimes I am not sure that she hears too well.

I got my hair cut this afternoon. Boy did it need cutting and shaping. After I had it cut the last time, I did not make an appointment because I wanted to see how it turned out. Then I kept putting off calling. Jessica at Just Jane's does a fine job so I made my next appointment right away. It will be just before John and Holly's wedding.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July. We will put our flag up in the morning.

I talked to Bret tonight. He sounds good. He is going out to his place at the Colorado River for a few days. He has some personal days coming and will use them with the holiday and the weekend for an extended break and a chance for his body to rest. I miss him.

Have a spectacular holiday.

Love

Mary


"One day I was walking down the beach with some friends when one of them shouted, "Look at that dead bird!" Someone looked up at the sky and said, "Where?"

They Walk Among Us! "

No comments: