Saturday, May 26, 2007

Memorial Day weekend. How does one know when one is on a holiday when one is retired? Oh Well, we will figure it out.

Chelsea got me up a little early this morning. It was chilly most of the day and even sprinkled a bit but no real storms.

I spent part of the day baking dessert and assembling things for dinner. Bobbie and Bill came over for supper and they walked around the condo and gardens and helped me identify what some of the plants are and whether they are weeds or plants. We found quite a few little treasures such as Woodruff and perhaps some raspberry plants. Monday I am going to weed the last section that I am going to tackle. Then I can spend time finishing up the edges and getting the last of the weeds out and tilling the soil a bit.

We had mock duck for supper and a rhubarb cake for dessert. All quite satisfying. It is nice to make a dessert from one's own harvest. We have quite a nice rhubarb patch back there.

I took some cake to Mom today and brought Chelsea along so that she could see Chelsea's new haircut. Mom always marvels at how white Chelsea is. We had a nice visit. I showed her some of the poetry that I did as a result of the workshop. Especially a poem that I wrote about Mother herself. She liked it so I consider it high praise.

Have a nice Sunday and Memorial holiday Monday. We put the flag outside this afternoon in honor of our veterans and in honor of our soldiers that are far away from home now. They are always in my prayers.

"When Satan is knocking at your door, simply say, "Jesus, could you get that for me?"

Love

Mary

No comments: