Friday, May 25, 2007

What a pleasant day.

Dick and I went out for breakfast and over to Fleet Farm for some shopping this morning after I took Chelsea for her walk. It was not hot like yesterday and I was a little concerned that she might get chilled with her short cut, but she seemed quite content. A friend of mine was riding her bike down Valley as Chelsea and I walked along the park so I had a nice visit with her. This is Mary Kay Evans who, with her husband, owns Sun Graphics. She helped me when I published my book.

The kitchen got cleaned today. Boy had that Chelsea hauled in a lot of grass.

I had lunch at Dairy Queen with Betty, Marlene and Ceil. That was a pleasant break in the day.

I took a nice long nap this afternoon. Long for me anyway, I slept for about an hour. Then I went down to my quilting frame and worked on the kitty quilt for another hour. It is getting there. I can see the end now.

We had steamed veggies with cheese sauce and corn bread for supper. Boy was that good. I used to order that a lot for lunch when I ate at Marie Calendar's in California. That restaurant started out as a small pie place and developed into a restaurant chain. Now you can sometimes find Marie Calendar stuff in the frozen food department.

Jim and Michelle are in Door County for the weekend so I went over next door tonight to spend an hour with Boots. He is a nice kitty. When they are gone, I usually spend an hour or so in the evening with him so he doesn't get so lonely.

Now I am done for the night. Tomorrow, Bobbie and Bill are coming over for dinner. That will be nice. I told Bobbie that I am hoping that she can help me identify some of the plants in the garden (and which are weeds.)

Have a great holiday.

Love
Mary

No comments: