Thursday, May 24, 2007

It was in the mid 80s today. The wind blew pretty steady and we got a little rain tonight. Quite an odd weather day. Chelsea took some different paths on our walk this morning. Sometimes I just let her lead me wherever (with a little guidance of course.)

Then I transcribed the "spillings" from the poetry weekend into the computer so I won't have to worry about bits of paper all over the place.

At 10:00 Chelsea and I left the condo for her "day of beauty". I left her with Gina at 10:30 and went to Joanne's Fabric for some glue and a few things. I got back at about 11:30 and she was just about done. She is gorgeous, of course, and all ready for her summer season. Actually she seems a bit subdued. I think it always takes a day or so after the cut for her to feel really comfortable in her skin. I will put a picture from yesterday on the blog tonight and take a new one tomorrow to share with you all.

We stopped at the Hunters Glen property on the say home and I replaced air fresheners and ran the water. We need to stop by with batteries for one of the fire alarms tomorrow or the next day. There is yard work to do also. I will have to just plan a day or two to go over and trim bushes. Thank heavens, the Regenwethers are mowing. We will have to give Patrick a generous gift when the house sells.

The dandelion wine was ready, so Dick and I racked into the secondary. Sometime over the weekend we will bottle the Riesling and then we can mix up the White Zinfindal. We have determined that as long as we work on only one big batch at a time, we can handle it because we can keep the big jug UP ON the bench and use the pump to rack. Are we clever? of what?

A good chunk of the afternoon is now spent unwrapping, soaping and rewrapping Dick's legs. At least we do see some results after all is done.

Now it is night and we are winding down. I am really tired as Chelsea got me up at 5:45AM and I really could not sleep when I tried for a nap.

Guess that's all.

Believe in yourself
If you can dream, you can soar.
Fly like the wild goose.


Love

Mary

No comments: