Sunday, April 29, 2007

Went to the 8AM Mass this morning. Fr. Van Beeck was in fine form. I was very please that during the request for prayers he specifically mentioned that all of the intentions that WE have been preparing to pray for at this mass be part of EVERYONE in the church's prayer. I had a LOT this week and really needed the extra help.

It was very warm today. The high was 86 degrees. So I did a lot of work out in the gardens. I pulled a lot of weeds around the lilac bushes and planted spinach and beets between the bushes. I happened to notice that the seed package does not say you have to wait until danger of frost is over but says to plant as soon as you can work the soil. So I did.

I also got the second big pot that I took from Hunters Glen out of the garage and on to the deck.

Then I took a quick trip to Rhine to shoot a couple of pistol league targets. I found out that I actually have one extra week but since I have to work on one of them, this is better. When I got home I sat out on the deck for about an hour and wrote and read. Dick came an joined me for a bit. He needs to get out more and I hope to convince him to do a bit of walking now that things are warmer and dry.

We played a game of scrabble tonight. It was close but I did win.

Tomorrow will be mildly busy. We need to keep working on the wine.

Have a Great week

Love

Mary

No comments: