Saturday, March 03, 2007

A quiet day. Except for the morning and evening, of course. Being as I got to sleep until after 6:00AM, it started off with a rested me. Chelsea and I had a good walk. The streets were snow covered but not too deep. Chelsea really wants to go around the park BUT with the sidewalk not plowed again and a couple of feet of snow you aren't going to catch ME attempting that until things are melted again and a bit dried out.

I spent some time in the kitchen this morning. First, I mixed a cream cheese-veggie spread for lunch. I found a recipe for this to be served on an open face slice of wheat bread with smoked salmon. Had it for lunch and it was VERY good. I also cleaned and sliced some carrots for snacking and sliced strawberries for shortcake.

Did some more sewing on the Kitty/Dog quilt. I can see headway. And I went to the Plymouth Art Center to see their current exhibit WOMEN WHO RUN WITH SCISSORS. It is a marvelous collection of quilt art. Such imagination and wonderful talent these ladies have. They come from Denmark WI. I also bought a ticket for an Irish event that will be held there next week called Shamrocks and Shenanigans. It was done the first time last year for one night and was so popular that Mary Calvey is extending it to three nights this year. I couldn't go last year because it was the same night as the Unity Concert, the concert that Blessed Trinity's choir sang in last year and for which I wrote the words to the song.

While we were in the hospital tonight there was an Irish special, kind of a travelogue and for some reason, the pictures of Trinity College reminded me of the first time I went there. Bobbie and I were together and when we walked through the gates we saw this big crowd of yelling students assembled around a few on a platform. We asked what was going on and were told that it was an Iron Stomach Contest. Asking further we found out that it was a contest in which students eat and drink and smell disgusting things until all but one have thrown up.

I was also telling Dick today about a talent that my ex husband had. If he saw ducks swimming down the harbor on Newport Bay he could quack and the ducks would swim towards him. As soon as he stopped they would turn and resume their journey. A strange but amusing talent.

Love

Mary

No comments: