Sunday, February 04, 2007

Super Bowl is over and are they ever lucky that they played in Florida in the rain rather than in Chicago in the frigid temps that have been hitting us. Though I imagine it is warmer in Chicago than it is here. We bottomed out at -11 and topped out at -2. Indy won. We were really kind of hoping Chicago would as they ARE our neighbors but did not have really strong feelings one way or another. One of the two Packer games that I saw was at Indianapolis and it was a pleasant experience. The fans were reasonably friendly but competitive. Unlike Minneapolis, where I feared for my safety. Minneapolis Viking fans are really evil.

These are really cold days, Chelsea goes out quite enthusiastically and hopeful and then after rolling the the snow for a while starts getting down to business and finds that her little feet get very cold. Did you ever see a dog whose feet get cold? First they pick up the sorest paw and hobble on three then the pick up another one. At that point there is no way for them to walk so they flop on their side and look pitiful. I usually pick her up and walk with her until she can stand it again and then we run like hell for home.

I got to sleep until almost 6:30AM as we did not have to be at Valley View until 8:00AM. The morning intravenous went very well, we were home about 9:00AM. I went to the 10:30 Mass. I sure needed that this week. Sometimes I just have to be able to stop and remember that Someone is really there along with me.

I did some cooking today. A good way to warm up the house on a cold winter day. Talked to Bart and Barb today too. Bart sounds pretty good. We had a nice visit. Sometimes when he doesn't feel well, he doesn't want to talk at all. He said he had talked to his friend Dave Moioffer, who is the son of Dan and Shirley Moioffer. I graduated from high school with Dan and Shirley is in my bible study so we keep up on the boys. Dave has developed and immune disease but is responding well to the steroids that they are treating it with.

Visited with Mother a bit too. She called to see if Dick was feeling better. He is still SO tired and did not sleep well last night at all. He has such trouble getting comfortable. Tonight we had to go to Sheboygan Memorial. We got there a bit before 6 but did not get out until about 8:15. So it took over two hours for the 1 1/2 hours of actual medication. They were very busy and we had to have an RN to hook up and disconnect the IVS.

We now have only five more days to go. We soaped and washed his legs tonight. They are still peeling but the swelling seems down somewhat.

Let's pray that this gets rid of the infection once and for all. Barb has a sinus infection that is persistent. Lets pray that that heals too.

Don't
walk in front of me,
I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me,
I may not lead.
Walk beside me and
be my friend.


All my love

Mary

No comments: