Thursday, January 25, 2007

Would you believe that this is the 1241st blog that I have posted? I recommend blogs to anyone who likes to journal. It is fun.

It was COLD today. When Chelsea and I went out this morning it was int he single digits. BRR. That did not seem to bother her much, but later, when we went for a short walk, her poor little paws got really cold and I had to carry her part way home.

We had breakfast at the Shoppes on Mill Street. It was quite good. I had eggs, ham and bagel with cream cheese. Next time, I will try their oatmeal. They have TONS of addons. like brown sugar, cream and walnuts.

Then grocery shopping. We did pretty well and even stopped at Aurora Drug Store to buy the container to hold the needles from Dick's blood tests. They have to be disposed of AT the drug stores.

At noon we went to Valley View Hospital so that Dick could have his second dose of intravenous antibiotics. That went well but his angiocatheter wrap is kind of loose. On the way home we stopped and renewed the listing agreement with ReMax.

Tomorrow the Riesling will be ready to rack to the secondary fermenter. We have quite a lot in process and aging. But are still behind on the stock. We got way behind during the move.

I called Jeff this afternoon to be sure that I will be ready for rabbit hunting on Sunday. We meet at Leroy's house at 8:00AM. It is supposed to be COLD BRR. So we will probably be out of the woods fairly early. I, for sure, have to be home by 1:00 to get Dick to the hospital by 1:30 to get his intravenous again. I am bringing some venison sausage that Jeff make last year for the Sausage Tasting. We do that at the Whirl Wind, a dinky bar out there somewhere. I am sure we will not be out too late, because Vic always comes and he believes that the hunting should be done from a bar stool. If it is cold he will start hinting the minute we meet.

Jeff said we have plenty of rabbits for the Wild Game Dinner anyway. I will miss it this year. For some reason, I thought it was on the second weekend in February and I made reservations to attend a Celtic Spirituality Retreat at the Redemptorist Center in Oconomowoc. This should be a great retreat as Padraigin Clancy, an Irish historian, folklorist and musician will be the presenter. I heard her speak at the Celtic Women's Conference. I am really looking forward to a weekend of rebuilding. A whole weekend without anyone to ask for something will be unbelievable. I am going to make the stew in a crockpot and take it to Donna to bring to the dinner so I at least do my share. I guess Dolores isn't going to be there either. She has to work. But she doesn't like being somewhere that she can't smoke anyway.

It's just like magid. When you live by yourself, all of your annoying habits are gone. by Merrill Markoe



Love

Mary

No comments: