Saturday, January 27, 2007

We just got home from Memorial Hospital after the input of Dick's antibiotics. The evening "event" lasts for 1 1/2 hours. It is hard for me to just sit. Fortunately I just got a couple of new books and can read and/or watch TV which is in the room.

Tomorrow, as I mentioned, I am going rabbit hunting with my brothers and the Behr boys. So Jim and Michelle are taking him for his morning session at Valley View. The rest of the week the morning push will be at 6:00AM. If that was so on Sunday, I could take him. We are glad that Jim and Michelle are so willing do do things for us. They are good kids. (An, of course, to us old folks they will always be kids. The rest of our children must just accept that fact too. It is kind of nice to feel that you are just a kid to somebody anyway. That is what Mother and her cronies always call me.)

We did rack the Riesling into the secondary fermenter (the carboy) today. I told Dick that I have to test the grape wines and the currant wines to see if they are ready. If so, we will take them along to the Wild Game Dinner next Saturday. I had to cancel the Celtic retreat because I can't leave Dick for three days when he needs to go to get his antibiotics. The Wild Game dinner is from noon to about 4 so we can do that without worrying about getting to tests.

We put off last night's shower until this morning so we could approach, with alert minds, the problem of keeping the PICC dry. One of the nurses had recommended using Press and Seal Glad Wrap which does not work for the purpose it was intended. I prefer sticking with regular Glad Wrap for most things. But we wrapped it twice around the PICC and its little cover net and it worked like a charm. Remember that if you have to keep a wrappable part of your body dry in the shower.

Dick and I went to church at Immaculate Conception at 4PM before the hospital visit so I can hunt and won't miss church. Isn't he sweet. IC is a nice church. They had a young person cantering. He had a wonderful voice and really projected.

Dick is testing his blood twice a day and his readings have ranged from 95 to 146. On Wednesday, we go to a class and will learn HOW to interpret these readings and what Dick should be doing if it is low or high. Our first session was to show us how to use the meter and to have us record the readings and EVERYTHING Dick ingests for a week.



Remember to step back and survey what you and God have accomplished this far on your journey. All this sitting around is good for me, it makes me pause and take deep breaths.

It is time for me to settle down to bed soon. Tomorrow will be another busy day.

Happy Sunday

Love

Mary

No comments: