Friday, January 26, 2007

It is late. 10:37PM. I JUST got home from Rhine Plymouth. Bobbie and I worked tonight and was it ever busy. The club has the biggest league that I have ever experienced going and I think every team shot tonight. It was a nice night for shooting. Cold but no precipitation and no appreciable wind. We filled 34 sign up sheets. Most of them shot two rounds.

I actually got there late. We got a call from Dr. Phelan's nurse Theresa telling Dick that the results of a swab he took of Dick's leg came back showing an infection that would not be healed by the intravenous that he had originally prescribed. So the two doses he got were not helping.

We had to go to Sheboygan Memorial this afternoon, arriving at 2:45PM. They took out the angio catheter and put in a PICC (a "permanent" shunt or port that will allow them to give him the TWO antibiotics (one once a day and one twice a day) for two full weeks. After the PICC was inserted in his arm we went upstairs to have the first doses. The one he gets once a day takes a full hour the other that he will get morning and evening takes 30 minutes. So we are going to be busy people for the next two weeks. I canceled my Celtic Retreat for next weekend. I just couldn't leave him for two whole days and an evening when he needs this kind of treatment. Jim and Michelle will take him on Sunday morning so I CAN go rabbit hunting. Except for the Saturday and Sunday evenings, the intravenous can be given at Valley View which will save a lot on travel time.

I did get my kitchen cleaned and have a batch of wine ready to rack. Did that before the big phone call.

I am really too tired to think of anything clever to add to this so will just wish you a good weekend and ask for prayers for Dick's speedy recovery.

I shot pretty good tonight. I got a 59 a 60 and a 66. I keep on trying

Love

Mary

No comments: