Tuesday, January 09, 2007

We were at the Clinic today at 9:45 to see Dr. Phelan. He has put Dick back on antibiotics. The legs are swollen and red and look kind of weepy too. The antibiotic will insure that infection does not settle in. Dr. Phelan noticed that the big toe nail on his right foot was loose. So we went upstairs to see Dr. Hodous. We had an appointment scheduled for next week but Dr. Phelan did not want us to wait that long. Dr. Hodous was able to fit Dick in and remove most of the nail. When we see him next week he will see if the rest should come off and trim the callouses. Now he takes medicine and we wait.

We stopped off at Mother's on the way to the clinic to drop off her VitEyes (vitamins to help her sight) and picked up Dick's prescription on the way home. By then it was almost noon. So I ate lunch and then made the rounds of the middle schools in Plymouth to drop off the information on the Write Stuff contest. That was an adventure as I was not familiar with the location of two of them. The public middle school and Faith Christian. I finally found them. When I got home I was exhausted so I took a nap.

The Ziggy cartoon was very funny today. It said "It's been six months and you haven't paid your bill. We've come to put your tonsils back in."

Have a great day and pray that Dick's legs heal very quickly.

Love

Mary

I got all the Christmas decorations stored today. The only thing left is the tree itself. That will have to be disassembled and stored in the basement.

Tonight I went to St. John's for Fr. Van Beeck's Adult Education hour. This month he covered the establishment of the Church. As he pointed out, we have two things that make us special. The Eucharist and history. We are the only church that has a history dating back to Christ and we supplied the New Testament. I also liked his statement that going to Mass on Sunday should not be an obligation but should be a privilege. Actually if I started feeling that it is an obligation, I probably wouldn't go.

No comments: