Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Today was a mixed day. It was cold this morning but there was no wind. I did not let Chelsea lead me around the park because Dick was concerned with us walking that far when it is so cold.

Dick had an 8:30AM appointment at the Aurora Clinic in Plymouth to get his blood test today. So we did that. Uncle Ken Thuemmler came in while we were there. He does deliveries for Aurora. So we caught up a bit.

Then home again where I spent the day just generally cleaning my desk, stirring wine and taking the tree down. It was quite quiet.

This evening Chelsea had a very bad seizure. It was the first one that she has had for quite a while, but it lasted longer and she slammed into the file cabinet on her way down. I couldn't get there fast enough. It scared her and scared me too.

I had expected that when the New Year came around, things would start looking up. Hasn't happened. I am trying to stay positive but it does get difficult when new things keep popping up. And I still don't have my kitties. They were always good about cuddling and purring to make me feel better.

Today on a quiz show some guy said that he set a record for eating crawfish. It reminded me of the time that Bart and his friend Scott went crawdad fishing in the drainage ditch when we lived his Huntington Beach. They came home so excited with this bucket of crawdads. For once Bart's Dad was enthusiastic about something that Bart did. Dick loved crawdads and helped the boys clean them. Then we cooked them up for dinner. They are really very good. Much like a crab or lobster meal. A bit sweeter and not quite as firm a meat but very good.

Yesterday we received an invitation to Dick's sister Hazel's 90th birthday party next month. That is something special to look forward to.

A friend sent this to me in an email today. Am I ever lucky. I found someone like this.

Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot.

Who calls you back when you hang up on him.

Who will stay awake just to watch you sleep.

Wait for the guy who kisses your forehead.

Who wants to show you off to the world when you are in your sweats.

Who holds your hand in front of his friends.

Wait for the one who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares
about you and how lucky he is to have you.

Wait for the one who turns to his friends and says, "...that's her."

Guess thats all for tonight. Have a great evening.

Mary

No comments: