Friday, November 03, 2006

I am so cold. Bobbie and I worked out at Rhine tonight. The clubhouse was actually warm enough but I just plain got chilled on the drive home. It was not a long enough drive to warm the car and I had to stop at 1st National to drop off the deposit from the club. As if I wasn't cold enough, I had to walk accross the street to drop the deposit in the night deposit.

It was an eventful day. I dropped off a couple of entries at Lakeland for the writing contest held in conjunction with the Festival, then went to Sheboygan Falls for a couple of errands including dropping off some copies of my book at the Research Center for sale. When I got back to Plymouth I had time to stop at St. John the Baptist church office to register as a member there. I was glad to see that my friend Marlene Schueffner was manning the office today. It is hard to come to a new church. I remember when I joined St. Simon and Jude in Huntington Beach and feeling SO alone because I knew nobody. At least in Plymouth, I know several people and will find my place sooner. I told Marlene that I was going to lay back for a bit before volunteering for much. I did tell her I would like to be a Communion Minister however. That only involves participating during the Mass and I am there anyway.

I finished that last two targets for the pistol league tonight. I am sure that Lil (my friend who is my competition) beat me this time. That's OK. We have fun anyway. And each league I get a bit better.

I got the current count for the Senior Event at Blessed Trinity. That will be my last project there. I ordered the lunch from the Pig in Falls. I am pleased to say that we have 26 people signed up. I ordered enough for 3 dozen as I am sure that a few will have signed up this afternoon and one or two on Monday.

Tomorrow will be quiet. I need to bake the pies for the turkey dinner AND I want to bake some bread. I want the smell of fresh bread in the house.

>
>Andy Rooney said on "60 Minutes" a few weeks back:
>
>
>I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of anything except
>numbers. The only things I can think of that are truly discriminatory are
>things like the United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black
>Entertainment Television, and Miss Black America. Try to have things like
>the UnitedCaucasianCollege Fund, Cloud Magazine, White Entertainment
>Television, or Miss White America; and see what happens...Jesse Jackson
>will be knocking down your door.



Have a nice weekend.

Mary

No comments: