Tuesday, September 05, 2006

This is my second attempt at this tonight, I left it to go to find the following and lost my whole posting. I had some really clever things in it too. Hope I can recreate them. Here is the treasure that I went to find.

Ten Guidelines From God




Effective immediately,
please be aware that there are changes YOU need
to make in YOUR life. These changes need to be
completed in order that I may fulfill My promises
to you to grant you peace, joy and happiness in
this life. I apologize for any inconvenience,
but after all that I am doing, this seems very
little to ask of you. Please,follow
these 10 guidelines



1. QUIT WORRYING:
Life has dealt you a blow and all you do is sit
and worry. Have you forgotten that I am here
to take all your burdens and carry them for you?
Or do you just enjoy fretting over every little
thing that comes your way?



Now for today. Dick and I took one carload of stuff out to the condo today. I spent an hour or two putting food away in the kitchen. Boy do we have a lot of food.

It is a family joke that we could survive almost any catastrophe because, I have this thing about having enough food in the house and Dick is just as worried about running out of paper towels and toilet paper.

There were two times in my life where I was able to provide just enough food for my family. No more, no less. I even accounted for snacks for the kids after school or whatever. I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself. It is fun not to have to plan every bite that goes in ones mouth though there is, I must say, a certain satisfaction in being able to do such a thing.

I picked up Market Day this afternoon too. We now have pork chops, ham steaks, chicken steaks and blueberry muffins and chicken pot pies to add to the larder at Treegrass.

Tonight I had to attend the Rhine Plymouth Board meeting. We handled that with dispatch and I was home by 8:30PM. Whew. Good thing because I am a bit tired again.

Tomorrow, the trash collector is going to pick up all our stuff that can't go into the regular garbage. We are hoping to hear from a mover out of Plymouth otherwise I will start calling around as we want to get everything done by the end of next week. Actually, I have mixed feelings as I am going to miss my kitties but things have to be done.

Roxie has been exceptionally loving lately. I think all the emptying is getting to her. I wish I could explain to them.
Love

Mary

No comments: