Sunday, September 03, 2006

It was a lovely Sunday.

I got up at 6 AM to walk Chelsea so I could go to the 8AM Mass. As it turned out, I could have gotten up later. There were goose hunters out in the field and they started shooting. Chelsea heard the shots and high tailed it for home. We had a VERY short walk.

Church was short too, Fr. Gene's sermon was only a recap of the settlement that the Milwaukee Archdiocese is making to the victims of the priest who was sent out of state to Orange County California and did more damage there. The Archdiocese is selling a lot of property to pay the settlement. Perhaps this is the lesson. Getting rid of some of the excess wealth. If we can function with less property and buildings, perhaps we should have been all along. Too bad this excess wealth is not going for something proactive but to repair damage.

Then I had a nice visit with Mother and came home. We paacked a few boxes and went back to Plymouth where I UNpacked a few boxes. The kitchen is shaping up and I am able to put lots of extra things in the kitchenette downstairs. I have decided to make that the bread baking area. I can just leave the bread machine there all set up.

We went out to New China Kitchen for a nice dinner, just the two of us and are now home and settled in for a bit.

Tomorrow, we intend to stay here and bottle and rack wine. I need to do some cleaning too. It will be a relief. Hopefully, we will be able to just be home. The kitties will like that. I wish I could talk to them and let them know that I really DO love them and want what is best for them.

Have a wonderful Labor Day. It is my son Bret's birthday tomorrow. And it was actually Labor Day the day he was born. I remember going up on the elevator to the OB and finding that there ended up being about six women all in labor at the same time. One of the nurses said, and I quote. "Just because it was Labor Day didn't mean that you all had to come in at the same time."

Enjoy your day.

Mary

No comments: