Friday, September 29, 2006

Another day. They are all goofy lately. I started off this morning by locking myself out of the house.

We always lock the door from the house into the garage at night because we don't know how many people know the combination to the automatic garage door opener. (We will be changing that soon.) Anyway, I went out to try to find my business card folder and shut the door, completely forgetting that I had neglected to unlock the door. Dick had just laid down for a nap about 20 minutes before so there I was. I was trying to decide if I could climb a ladder to the balcony when it dawned on me that the window to the bedroom is right there at eye level. DUH! So I knocked and woke Dick up and he rescued me. I think my mind is shot. We are going to have the locks changed next week and will hide an extra key out there somewhere so if such a thing happens we are covered. We are also going to change the combination for the automatic door opener so the world won't know what it is.

Dick called the Clinic today and got an appointment for this afternoon with a Dr. Johnson about his back. Dr Phelan is on vacation til the end of next week and his back is just bothering him too much. He cannot lie down to sleep. Dr. Johnson told him that if he is comfortable in the chair, he should just plan on sleeping there for the next week or so to give his back a chance to heal. He ordered an MRI because he was concerned about possible bleeding into the spine and reissued a prescription for the pain killers and muscle relaxants. We got out of the clinic at about 5:30PM. The technician told Dick that he has a very badly bruized vertibrae and had better be very careful not to injure it further.

We got home at about 6:00. I fixed a plate for Dick and a sandwich for me and headed out to Rhine to work the balance of my Friday shift. I had called Doc and Bobbie and told them that I would be late and why. It was really busy despite the misty weather but went well. I even shot my pistol league. The first was bad, only 28, but I worked at it and got a 74 on the last target. Yea, I am learning something. Randy Walter, who is REALLY GOOD, said I need to learn to relax a bit and let my arm take over. He was proud of my improvement too.

That's all folks. I need to call Bart and Barb in the morning and I still haven't reached Jacquie.

Take care..

Love

Mary

No comments: