Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Haircut for me and the foot doctor this morning. Then we went to Office Max to check out floor mats. Found the kind we want and are checking around. I did get a real deal. We bought ink cartridges for the printer and got a whole bunch of AA batteries free.

Did I tell you that Bill fixed the door from the garage into the house. It was banging the closet and driving us nuts as well as beginning to leave a mark. Now, as long as we don't fling it open , it just swings gently open and stops.

We also stopped at Walmart and got some picture hangers,various screws and a bath mat for the shower.

Lots to do. I called Oklahoma and talked to Bart and Barb. I put Bart on the prayer chain yesterday. He has been having a bad time of it. And poor Barb too. She is working so much overtime and worried about Bart at the same time. He has always been such an intense person. Even as a baby. I remember when he was just a couple of weeks old, having to go to the hospital with a neighbor and his daughter and leaving Bart with the neighbor's oldest son until another neighbor came home to take over. It was a very complicated emergancy.

The gist of the story is that when I got home, Bart, only two weeks old, had been fussing the whole time I was gone. The minute that I took him into my arms he stopped crying, sighed in contentment and went to sleep. He expected that I should be there ALL the time.

He is, as I said, so intense. I always just wanted my boys to be happy and I hope he succeeds in finding that.

It is late now, I am tired and going to bed. Dick's back was not really very good today. I hope we don't have to go back to the doctor. Please say special prayers for Bart and Dick.

Love

Mary

No comments: