Monday, September 25, 2006

Finding your way ANYWHERE in Sheboygan Falls is still an adventure. I went to bible study this morning and ended up parking in front of Randy and Donna's house on school street because they were tearing out the sidewalks in front of church and the rectory and I couldn't get in from Summer Street because the parking lot is blocked off to protect the school kids. What a mess that is. I hope they are winding down. Downtown Sheboygan Falls looks like a war zone.

The study was a good one. Both the first and last readings stress that good done in the name of the Lord is GOOD, even if it is not done by a "Catholic" or a "born again" or a "Jew" but in the name of the Lord. Moses said so and so did Jesus. Joe, one of our participants, was interested in the symbols I used for the banner in Church the Hand of God, so I must remember to bring my research next week for him to read.

I stopped at Mom's on the way home and picked up a deposit to make for her. I also need to call Walgreens and square away her prescription situation. She is getting a bit bucky about taking medication.

Home again and I unpacked a few more boxes, mostly clothes, though I did get a bit of the desk squared away and found the Insurance and receipt folders. A minor miracle.

We had leftover meatloaf and noodles for supper. Pretty good. Tonight was the Rhine Plymouth Board meeting. Took a bit longer because we reviewed the proposed revised constitution and will have our suggestions incorporated into the copy we will give to the membership.

I just took Chelsea out for her last evening walk and saw the lights of a plane flying overhead. It, for some reason, reminded me of my previous life. We belonged to a jeep club. It was a family club and we would go well off the beaten path for our camping and exploring, usually in sand or high desert areas.

One of our members, Ella Jones, had a very unique problem. No matter what dune, what hill, what grove of trees she would retreat to to take care of the neccessary functions, (as our buddy, Orrin Nordin always said, visiting the "tickle bushes), she would get caught. The very classic was a trip down to Mexico. She and Jeannie Gibson retreated over several sand dunes on the beach, made sure no one was in sight and then Jeannie stood guard on top of one of the dunes. As poor Ella was relieving herself, she heard a noise and looked up to see a two seater airplane cruising slowly by her with the guys in it waving like crazy.

Have a good day and cover yourself.

Mary

No comments: