Thursday, August 17, 2006

We started out this morning with breakfast at Zana's with Terry, our favorite waitress, who actually quit about a month ago. She and her boyfriend Paul joined us anyway. I asked her if she has figured out what she wants to do now and she hasn't. Will have to keep in touch with her. She has a little dog that looks much like Chelsea.

Then we went grocery shopping and to the drug store. Then home where I was able to stay and work until this evening when we had our first choir practice of the church year. We are getting ready for Celtic Faire now. It is exciting to finally sing the new songs and meet with everyone again.

Stopped at Mom's too. I made chocolate zucchini bread so I took her some of that and the blueberry zucchini bread that I baked the other day.

I packed the bottom drawers of my desk, the wrapping paper and Dick emptied the file cabinet. So we are making headway every day.

Since we are having open house on Sunday and I will be gone to Irishfest Saturday and Sunday, I am really working to get the house ready. Waylon's room, the dining room and the guest bathroom are ALL done. I will run the roomba in the office tonight and the hall and livingroom tomorrow and clean the kitchen tomorrow. That's the best I can do. Hope we get a good turnout. One never knows. Sometimes open houses are busy sometimes the realtor sits there for nothing. Since this is the first time we are open and it IS supposed to be a pleasant day, I have hopes.

Tomorrow, I will pick up corn on my way to Plymouth for lunch and the rest of the books while I am there.

A Reminder that I will not be posting Saturday night because I will be at Irishfest until late, with Suzi and spending the night with her and Hazel.

Before you order a drink in public, you should read this!
Seven New York City bartenders were asked if they could nail a woman's personality based on what she drinks. Though interviewed separately, they concurred on almost all counts.

The results:

Drink: Beer
Personality: Casual, low-maintenance; down to earth.
Your Approach: Challenge her to a game of pool.


Drink: Blender Drinks
Personality: Flaky, whiny, annoying; a pain in the ass.
Your Approach: Avoid her, unless you want to be her cabana boy.


Drink: Mixed Drinks
Personality: Older, more refined, high maintenance, has very picky taste; knows EXACTLY what she wants.
Your Approach: You won't have to approach her. If she's interested, she'll send YOU a drink......................


Drink: Wine (does not include White Zinfandel)
Personality: Conservative and classy; sophisticated yet giggles.
Your Approach: Tell her you love to travel and spend quiet evenings with friends.


Drink: White Zinfandel
Personality: Easy; thinks she is classy and sophisticated, actually, she has NO clue.
Your Approach: Make her feel smarter than she is...this should be an easy target.


Drink: Shots
Personality: Likes to hang with frat-boy pals and looking to get totally drunk... and naked.
Your Approach: Easiest hit in the joint. You have been blessed. Nothing to do but wait, however,
be careful not to make her mad!


Drink: Tequila
No explanations required - everyone just KNOWS what happens there.


Love

Mary

No comments: