Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I got up ahttp://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=5293456
Create bit early this morning because it is a holyday of obligation in the Catholic Church. It is the Feast of the Assumption. I went to Mass at 7:00AM. It was sparsely attended. There do not seem to be many people who consider the holy days all that important.

After Mass, I took pictures of the church quilt, which I forwarded to Sandy at the parish office, and went to the Serenity Gardens for a breakfast. I got there just as they were pulling fresh cranberry muffins out of a pan so I had one of them, still warm for breakfast. My hair cut appointment was at 9AM so the timing was perfect. I got to see a young man getting cornrows in his hair. That was kind of interesting. Never seen that process before. It takes FOREVER. Even if I ever thought of such a thing, I would not have the patience.

Dick and I are working on boxing up the office and have made a great deal of headway. We got five boxes out into the garage today. I hope to get one or two more started this evening.

I saw Dr. Casy this afternoon. Things are pretty good lately but I needed a bit of adjusting. We are back to a month again and I told him that next month was a real puzzle and they are going to call in a month to see if I am ready to schedule.

We had salad, a super mexican burger patty and veggies for supper. Just enough.

We also racked and filtered the Luna Bianca wine. We want to bottle it as soon as possible so it can be boxed for transport to our new home.

Uncle Bob and Aunt Kathleen came by to bring me the Evening Optimist Packer Yearbook and we had a nice visit. Aunt Kathleen wanted to hear all about the Irish Reunion at St. Michaels. She hated to miss it but she and Bob were up at a "snowbird" get together in the UP of a bunch of Barbershoppers and they had a good time with the singing and good company and all.

As I was cleaning up, the door bell rang and there was a special delivery from Bobbie and Dick of a wonderful gift for our anniversary, which is tomorrow. We are so thrilled. Got our card from Mother also. It is so warm and fuzzy to be remembered and loved.

It does not seem that 20 years have passed by already. Tomorrow, we are going to go out to Nonna Maria's for dinner to celebrate. Dick gets his blood tested in the morning, which is not too celebratory, but we will use the opportunity to go to breakfast also and we might even go to a movie in the afternoon if all goes well. So we will enjoy. It is rather great that we enjoy each others company so much.



YOU SAY-GOD SAYS-BIBLE VERSES

You say: "It's impossible"
God says: All things are possible
(Luke 18:27)

You say: "I'm too tired"
God says: I will give you rest
(Matthew 11:28-30)

You say: "Nobody really loves me"
God says: I love you
(John 3:16 & John 3:34 )

You say: "I can't go on"
God says: My grace is sufficient
(II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)

You say: "I can't figure things out"
God says: I will direct your steps
(Proverbs 3:5-6)

You say: "I can't do it"
God says: You can do all things
(Philippians 4:13)

You say: "I'm not able"
God says: I am able
(II Corinthians 9:8)

You say: "It's not worth it"
God says: It will be worth it
(Roman 8:28 )

You say: "I can't forgive myself"
God says: I Forgive you
(I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)

You say: "I can't manage"
God says: I will supply all your needs
(Philippians 4:19)

You say: "I'm afraid"
God says: I have not given you a spirit of fear
(II Timothy 1:7)

You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"
God says: Cast all your cares on ME
(I Peter 5:7)

You say: "I'm not smart enough"
God says: I give you wisdom
(I Corinthians 1:30)

You say: "I feel all alone"
God says: I will never leave you or forsake you
(Hebrews 13:5



Hope it helps you too.

Love

Mary

No comments: