Thursday, June 01, 2006

Today was a spectacular day. The sun shone, everything is green. Even the fields (at least the ones that the farmers have managed to get planted) are starting to grow. We did not see too many people out so just enjoyed the sun and the "avian choir."

The Guys from Richardson's arrived promply at 8:00AM. The guys that came on Wednesday had neglected to take off the boards and trim the side, so they had to do more prep than they should have, but they still got done by noon. Jim came home shortly afterwards and attempted to hook up the sink, diswasher and garbage disposal but ran into some things beyond his scope of expertise, so he called Bill. (Bill knows all that stuff.) Bill will be here in the morning to see what he can do. I think I will have to clean an disinfect the bathtub and do the dishes that I have been stacking in the dishwasher. I don't even have a sink big enough. The counters look wonderful but the beautiful stainless steel sink in unusable. I have almost everything back in the cupboards. I should be able to finish everything but the stuff under the sink back in the morning.

This afternoon, I went to the grocery store. I ran into Betty Becker and Ann Pirung from Writer's Club. We had a short visit. Betty will be on vacation at the next meeting. Ann stopped writing for the Press. Lots of news.

Tonight I went to choir practice. We will have a party next week and then disband for the rest of June and July. We will start practicing for Celtic Mass on August 17. Beth, the director, has a good idea. Put the words to the "Mass" (the Gloria, the Sanctus and the Agnus Dei) to a traditional Irish melody. Sounds good to me. I will have to start listening to my collection of traditional tunes and then we will consult with Jim Wilsing, our bagpiper/tin whistle friend.

THE KILT QUESTION ANSWERED.

a picture of something

Mary

No comments: