Sunday, May 28, 2006

It was hot today, all the way up to the mid 80s so Dick turned on the air conditioning. I guess that is all right.

I went to the 8AM Mass, as I mentioned that I would. I like that mass. It gets me a good start on the day and I have the whole day ahead of me when I get done. When I got home, I fixed breakfast for Dick and me and made the potato salad for tonight's dinner. I went outside and cut all those dumb suckers that grow up under the tree outside the garage door. Chelsea came out with me but it was a little muggier than I think she likes. She put up with it because she like to be with me.

Jim and Michelle got back from Door County at about 1:30. We played half of a game of Hearts. I guess we will have to finish it tomorrow sometime. At 3:00 Chelsea and I went to get Mom. We drove to the cemetary to check the boxes that Mom had planted for the family. Everything looks really good. The rain last night sure did not hurt. The sweetest thing. My nephew Todd, who has depression and had been e-mailing back and forth to Courtney, bought a statue of a cat and asked his mother, my sister Dolores, to put it on Courtney's grave. Someone also brought her a potted yellow rose bush. The cemetery truely is a beautiful one.

Dinner and the pie were really good and I cut up some watermelon that I had purchased on Thursday for a kicker. MMM MMM.

We were talking about cell phones and the fact that they have invaded every possible nook and cranny of our existance. People even use them while doing the most personal things in public restrooms. For some reason, it reminded me of an incident that my ex had happen years ago when he worked on the luxury yachts and fishing boats in Newport CA. The had finished a boat and took it out for a shake down. The boat had to be ready the next day. Mechanically, everything was going fine. Then they put it on auto pilot and one of the guys went down to the head. Suddenly, the boat did a 90 degree turn to the right and slowly but surely moved back to the correct heading. The guy in the head came running up asking what was going on. They soon discovered that whenever the toilet was flushed the boat would do that 90 degree turn and readjustment. Something was goofy in the wiring and they did not have time to fix it. So it went out that way as everything else was OK. They fixed it when it came back from the first real trip and nothing was said about it. I guess it was quite a ride in the bathroom when it happened, so apparantly the owners did not use the auto pilot, or else thought they were drunk or something.

Have a patiotic Memorial Day.

Mary

No comments: