Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Did we ever have a storm this morning. Just after Chelsea and I took our walk, I took my shower. By the time I got out of the shower, the skies were black and the thunder was rolling accross the land. As the song says "All dark and movin'". Then the water started to fall. Chelsea was terrified and headed for the bed to hid her little head under it.

By 10:00AM it was all over and I was able to go out shooting. Probably not the best idea, I only got a 13. I have an excuse this time. On station 5, my voice was not triggering the bird and it threw my timing all off. It took me two stations to get back in the groove. This was my score. Station 1 - 3, Station 2 - 5, Station 1 - 1, Station 2 - 1 and Station 3 - 3. Well, next week I will shoot my last 25 shots and hopefully will improve on that. My average (until this week) was 15.

Then, I picked up Mother and we went to lunch at the Villager. We had soup and a half sandwich. We both had mushroom sandwiches (which were messy, but wonderful). I had corn/chicken chowder and Mother had baked French onion soup. If you want to see one of my brother Matt's paintings, Bob Eigenberger has one hung in the entry of the Villager. It is the one in oranges and blacks, closest to the street on your right. Matt, who died in 1972 was an artist as well as a poet.

We went next to her eye doctor appointment. Good news. She doesn't have to go back for a whole year unless she notices a change. Up this now she has had to go every 6 months. We are excited because we figure that he thinks that her eyes are stablized for the time being.

Home again after getting gas and picking up some Sudafed for Dick. The rest of the afternoon was quiet. We had leftover spaghetti and brushetta for supper.

An artist friend of mine, Cincy Matyi, has a painting in an art festival. They are having an online vote for favorite piece. If you want to help her, go to www.adcfineart.com and vote for #185 Cynthia Matyi. I bought a copy of the piece if you want to see a bigger piece, I have not had time to get it framed yet. Cindy would really appreciate your vote. The following is a description of the painting.

“Pilgrimage” by Cynthia R. Matyi

The ancient practice of pilgrimage, or sacred journey, is as
relevant today as it was in medieval times. It is symbolic of the
journey of the soul, transforming, awakening and healing the pilgrim
who travels through unfamiliar lands. This image depicts many who have
made journeys in search of enlightenment or meaning -- from the Irish
St. Brendan the Navigator whose quote is seen in the upper left, to the
5th century Spanish nun, Egeria, to the Holy Roman Emperor,
Charlemagne. English noblewoman Margery Kempe with her children, St.
Francis of Assisi, Chinese pilgrims Fa-hsien and Hsuan-tsang, Gerald of
Wales, Helena, the mother of Constantine, Muhammad, founder of Islam
and Columbanus, the great Irish missionary are also seen in this
panorama of pilgrims.


Tomorrow we shop in the morning and I go to a Senior picnic with Mom in the afternoon.

Hope your day is fun.

Mary

No comments: