Monday, June 26, 2006

Bible study this fine Monday morning. I left the quilt for the quilting bee in St. Francis Chapel then spent this afternoon making sure that SOMEONE had a key so they could get in to DO the sewing. I finally heard from Joan Schueffner who has a key and we had a backup. We are half way done now. We won't get together next Monday, but someone will take home the quilt to work on it. It is truly lovely and whoever wins it is getting a work of art.

The rest of the afternoon, I kind of puttered. I worked on the sewing machine. I figured out that there is nothing wrong with my free form sewing. The thread keeps breaking but I believe that I need to change my thread and/or just be patient because going through the iron appliques is causing some trouble too. I also decided to simply quilt the patchwork forest quilt onto a big flannel backing that I have and make it a simple cuddler. It will be quite pretty, pleasantly, but not too, warm and washable.

Tonight we met Jim and Michelle and my friend Tom Cain from RE Universal. (Tom is Bill's brother and a part of Bill's "empire".) We looked at three condos in the Tallgrass Condo complex. One is a two bedroom 1 bath with an unfinished basement overlooking a lovely forest area that will never be developed further because it borders on a city park. It has an unfinished basement that could easily be developed if wanted or otherwise provide tons of storage room.

The second, right next to it is really great but way too big for us and much more that the kids want also (at least I think it is, I can't decide anything for them for sure. It is hard enough to make plans for us.) This third, Dick and I liked a lot. The deck fronts on Hwy E but that is not to badly a traveled road (Dick and I know this because we took ALL the side roads when I was working in Plymouth) and the berm has new trees and bushes that will in time provide a really good buffer. It faces west and will be very pleasant in the evenings. I might want a partial cover for shade but we would see how it is if this turns out to be "the one". It has three bedrooms, (one AND an office/sewing room downstairs). The upstairs bath has a whirlpool and is oversized. There is a 3/4 bath downstairs too. It has a pantry and several tucked away storage areas. Tom said that there is an offer on the property but he doesn't know how serious it is because he recalls a contingency which he will call us with. Anyway, we need to now think about it for a bit.

As we were leaving I ran into a friend who used to be on the environment committee at Blessed Trinity (when it was still St. Mary's) Scott Dedlow. He borrowed some stands from us for the Easter Decorating at St. John's in Plymouth. He sheepishly admitted he still has the stands so I had to confess that I hadn't noticed that they weren't back. He lives in Tallgrass and was walking around to see how the current home in progress was coming along.

So. It was a busy day.

Tomorrow I get to stay home ALL day.

Love

Mary

No comments: