Wednesday, April 12, 2006

What a day. It has been in the upper 60s and we have had the window in the office and the deck door open all afternoon. It is 8:30PM and they are STILL open and it feels great. It rained all morning or we would probably have opened them then. The rain was welcome too. I will have to walk around the house and see if it encouraged a couple more of my herbs. Two of the lavender, one thyme, the oregano, chives and parsley are coming up. The rhubarb and the peony on the far side of the house are coming up too.

I am waiting for the tulips to bloom. I thought I saw one out there today. Daffodils are showing color on my walk so life is good.

Jim just got back from having dinner with Michelle at Applebees in Bayshore Mall. We are looking forward to meeting her on Sunday. Jim, Michelle and I are going shooting at about 2:30 that day. We hope Bobbie will join us too. Michelle told Jim that she really hasn't shot pistol but has hunted and shot trap or skeet, maybe both. That will be a fun thing to do together.

I am going to fix a Blitz Torte for Sunday's dessert. I will fill it with custard and fresh strawberries. That seems very Eastery to me.

My friend Janet sent me the following - Enjoy.


Apples and Wine

Women are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of
the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones
because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead,
they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as
good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong
with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to
wait for the right man to come along, the one who is brave
enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree. Share this
with women who are good apples, even those who have already
been picked!

Now Men.... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and
it's up to women to stomp the crap out of them until they turn
into something acceptable to have dinner with.




Have a nice Thursday.

No comments: