Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I did get to stay home all day today. AND the weather was wonderful. It was in the mid 60s. I washed throw rugs and hung them over the railing on the deck to dry. Chelsea and I had a lovely walk this morning AND we walked around the house and put a couple of things out in the garden too.

Dick an I filtered the 2nd time around concord grape wine today. We will bottle it tomorrow. Then I have an empty jug and can start the last of the wild grapes that I gathered last fall.

We are having Bobbie and Bill and Jim's friend Michelle over on Easter for dinner. I love to feed people. This will be fun. I spent part of the day planning the meal. Jim would like to take Michelle trap shooting, so we will probably meet at the club in the afternoon. That way I can shoot again too. It is getting towards spring.

I really should check, as a matter of fact, as Sheboygan Falls Conservation has a two man league and I should probably call my friend Rosalee and see if she wants to shoot this year. Last year, I found out that she knew my brother Jeff at one time. She knew him as a rascal and was quite surprised to hear that he retired as a teacher and was not such a rascal in these last 30 years or so.

I am getting ready to watch the remake of the Ten Commandments so I am posting a bit early.

The only other exciting thing that happened to day was that I argued with my pastor over the ugly red cloth on the altar. We both settled down before the end of the conversation but it got pretty angry for a while, which I was. I ended by reminding him that I had a notice in the bulletin that the Environment Committe had nothing to do with the ugly red cloth and he said that he respected that.

So that is over. We still don't agree. I WILL be showing him the guidelines that we used for not putting red directly on the altar for Palm Sunday.

I am a stubborn Irish Catholic Girl, Aren't I?

Mary

No comments: