Wednesday, September 21, 2005

What a day. Kenny and I picked about 15 pounds of Concord Grapes at his friend's house. I got home with them and realized that I did not have enough sugar so I drove over to Woodlake to get it. It seemed best to mix up the wine right away while the fruit was fresh off the vine. I have enough for 2.5 or 3 gallons. Now the only problem is where do I get enough gallon jugs. I am OK for JUST this, but will have wild grapes soon and I have frozen the marigold blossems already. So I will be busy making scratch wines this winter too. Dick and I also mixed up a batch of Gewertiminer today. So. There is a lot fermenting in our basement right now, but we are pretty low and Christmas is coming so we need to stock up because we like to give it away.


a picture of something

a picture of something

Sharing two pictures from the Washington trip. The first is a picture of the Rose Window in the National Cathedral with a nice shot of Dick to go with it. The second is a picture of one of the pools of cascading water at the WW2 War Memorial. I like the shot as there was a bouquet of roses lying on the edge of the pool on the IWO JIMA engraving, under the quote from MacArthur. I don't hink that you will be able to read it so it says. "Today the guns are silent. A great tragedy has ended. A great victory has been won, The skies no longer rain death - The seas bear only commerce - Men everywhere walk upright in the sunlight. The entire world is quietly at peace."

Too bad we couldn't keep it that way.

Til tomorrow

Mary

No comments: