Friday, September 23, 2005

I had an altogether wonderful evening at the Wonderful World Coffee on Michigan Avenue. Michael Perry, Wisconsin author from New Auburn WI, author of Population:485 and now Off Main Street was there to speak and sell and sign his books. I mentioned that I had heard him about a year ago. He is as interesting to listen to as to read. I recommend the books highly and if you get a chance to see him, he is a hoot to listen too.

Jane Kocmond, a fellow writer, joined me and we had a pleasant evening together too. The Wonderful World is a neat place to wile away some time too with tasty lattes and teas and nice bakery, soups and wraps. Dick said it was "OK" but I really like it. I orderd a chai tea and a cookie and bought a small bag of cookies to take home for Dick. He is sharing with Jim. What a guy.

I cleaned the kitchen this morning and also, (something I am VERY proud of) got a HUGE mess of ink stains out of my favorite pair of khaki pants. I thought they were lost but I kept pouring hair spray on the spots and brushing with a toothbrush until Wa La the spots were gone. I had already ordered a new pair of khakis (tsk tsk) so now I will have two. I really DID think that the other pair was shot.

Had lunch at the Plymouth Dairy Queen with the Plymouth people again. They said they missed me. We had the full crew today, Marlene, Betty, Barb, Ceil, Mary S., Jane and myself. It was a beautiful day, a bit cooler than it has been but sunny and pleasant.

I made pizza soup for dinner. A nice hearty meal, easy to eat. I picked up corn while I was in Plymouth so guess what we will have tomorrow. I am afraid that MIGHT be the last fresh corn of the season. Mr. Capelle seemed to think there MIGHT be one more week, so I will check next Friday. But I am not holding my breath.

Tomorrow should be a rather quiet day. I will be going to Mass at 5:00 because of releasing the pheasant on Sunday. Since we are having corn for supper, that makes and easy supper. We are also going to try a new pie, a concord grape pie, that I found a recipe for. I mixed the pie crust yesterday. That is half the battle I find. It says serve with vanilla ice cream, but I think that it will be fine with cool whip.

Have a nice weekend.

Mary

No comments: