Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Concord Grape pie is scrumptious. Kenny said that the lady who has the grapes is glad to have a taker so next year we will do it again. As Jim says "It is a keeper."

We also had what may be our last meal of corn and tomatoes until next year. Mr. Capelle, the produce man in Plymouth, expects there to be one more week of sweet corn. I will check next Friday but I am not holding my breath. I do have enough in the freezer for the winter now. I went to the 5:00PM Mass because tomorrow is pheasant release day. (I'll report on that tomorrow.) I fully expected to have to shuck that corn when I got home from church but that wonderful man I sleep with had the whole two baker's dozen ready when I got home so all I had to do was cook them.

I cleaned the lower cupboards in the kitchen today. I finally got tired of having to dig for things that have shifted and of having stuff falling out because everything is mixed up. I always find a few things that are expired anyway because they get shoved to the back.

I also cleaned my guns so I am ready for shooting tomorrow. I decided that I am goint to fix beer can chicken tomorrow with the last can of beer left from when Fr. Mike was here.

It was a lovely day for walking this morning. Kind of crisp. On weekends, Chelsea and I don't run into many people. Roger and Pepper aren't out because it is Roger's big work day and I think some of the other regulars take the weekend off. But it was nice. It is supposed to rain tomorrow.

Mother got a call from George and Betsy in Houston. All is well, the rain was heavy but not dangerous and they were really ready. They were spending today putting their house back in order. They took things off the walls and really battened down. They were well stocked, had a full tank of gas and had even filled their bathtub in case there was a problem with clean water later on. But by the time it got to them it was reduced to a bad but not catastrophic storm. Thank God.

"If you can't believe in God the chances are your God is too small." J. B. Phillips


Have a great Sunday. Come over for beer can chicken, if you want to.

Mary

No comments: