Thursday, September 22, 2005

I sang to the Lord tonight at choir practice. We went over four songs. Three of them we sang several years ago, among them a Vivaldi - "Sing to the Lord". Very appropriate. It is, as all Vivaldi, very light but energetic.

Today, Dick and I went out for our,now only once a week, breakfast and grocery shopping. You sure could tell we had not been shopping for two weeks. We got a LOT, We ate breakfast at Zana's and ran into one of the couples, Ken and Phyllis, who were on the Washington trip with us.

I cleaned the bathrooms today and rested for a while this afternoon. I have been sneezing violently for two days and hope that is will not develop into a full blown cold. I should a bit nazel but no sore throat or fever, so I am hoping it will just disappear.

It rained and thundered today. We got quite a bit. Mother Nature is trying to make up for the summer, now that the growing season is over. She just wasn't using her head this year. But better late than never, we need to build up the water table.

Things, on the other hand, are dire down in the Gulf again. I emailed brother George, who lives near Houston. They are staying put, as they are high and well stocked and the solid highways at this point seem more dangerous than staying. Seems practical from what I see. He is more concerned with sustained winds than water at this point. Please keep him and Betsy and the whole endangered area in your prayers.

We had leftovers tonight. The noodles, beef and gravy that I told you I was planning for Dick and fresh cauliflower and a lovely mixed green salad.

Two very exciting speakers are coming to Sheboygan County in the next seven days. Tomorrow night, Michael Perry, a Wisconsin author, who wrote Population 486 about his experiences as a volunteer fireman in his hometown which has a population of 486. I heard him speak at last years Aestival Festival. He is an interesting speaker and will be at the Wonderful World Book Store over on Michigan tomorrow night from 6 to 8PM. Some of the othe writers from the club will be there so I won't be alone. I have a copy of the book, if you would like to borrow it. He has another one out, I understand. It will be interesting to hear about that.

On Tuesday evening, George Archibald, a co-founder of the International Crane Foundation, is speaking at Lakeland. I am utterly delighted and will definately go to that too. You do know that Cranes are my endangered species cause. I will wear my crane vest and crane pin.

I understand that Kathy, the bell choir director, is planning practices for Tuesdays. I am not sure I am up to committing another evening to something. I kind of liked all the music on one night. Especially, now that gas is up so high and we are trying to cut down on trips to everywhere.

A funny quote, emailed from a friend.

On a Swedish chainsaw -- "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
(Oh my God..was there a lot of this happening somewhere?)

Have a good Friday.

Mary





No comments: