Monday, September 26, 2005

Today was a quiet day.

Bible study was my only event, though Dick and I did have to pick up a couple of things this afternoon.

It is now still dark at 6:00AM when Chelsea wakes me up. So. I am just letting her out the door then and taking her for her walk a bit later, after we have breakfast and perhaps even a shower as it stays dark later and later and later. Winter gets that way, you know.

Bible study was lively. We are still reading Paul 2 Corinthians. In the 10th chapter, Paul is defending himself from charges that though he writes a nice letter, he isn't all that hot in preaching. We decided that out message is that not all ministers are equal. Some are preachers, some are good with people and some are good builders or managers. We are going to try to be aware that when people criticize a minister we should point out that even Paul had his drawbacks so we should be more accepting.

Tomorrow, I will go to Lakeland College to listen to Dr. George Archibald, the co-founder of the International Crane Foundation. As you probably know, the crane is my favorite endangered species and Dick and I try to go the the International Crane Foundation in Baraboo every year if we can. I never tire of it. I believe I will wear my crane vest and pin tomorrow. I will add one of my pictures of a crane to this blog posting.

a picture of something

We had pizza soup tonight. Such a good soup. I got the recipe from Aunt Mary Ann when Dick and I went to Texas several years ago. The real name is Zucchini Soup but Nora and Sara named it Pizza Soup when they were kids and it has stuck for us. I froze enough for three meals. It is time for us to start eating out of the freezer for a while.

These are two "givens" from a list of funny things boys do sent to me by a friend.

Brake fluid mixed with Clorox makes smoke, and lots of it.

80% of Men who read this will try mixing Clorox and brake fluid.


Good night sleep tight.

Mary

No comments: