Wednesday, September 28, 2005

This was the quietest day this week. The only thing that I did that required any effort was ride to Manitowoc with Mary Yurk, my accross-the-street neighbor. She delivered blankets for the Linus Project to a baby care place and then we stopped at Quilts and Silks to browse. I did find a hanger to use in the hall so that I could hang my spiderweb for the holidays.

Aside from that it was quiet. I heard from my cousin, Laura, Patty's daughter. Patty's funeral will be Saturday and Dick and I will be in Chicago seeing Wicked. They will probably be in town on Sunday so I told Laura that I would love to have whomever over here on Sunday Morning for a brunch. I will bake lavendar bread tomorrow and make a fruit salad on Friday. Then, if they come, I can just cook bacon and sausage and scramble eggs for the brunch. I have some bagels too.

I feel bad missing the funeral but these plans can't be changed at this late date.

Tomorrow, Dick and I shop and I have choir in the evening. I also should go to the funeral of the mother of a friend. I must remember to get a lot of sympathy cards. I am totally out.

Did I ever give you the recipe to the easiest bread in the world.

Beer Bread

3 cups self rising flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 can beer

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan. Mix the three ingredients right in the pan. Let sit for 15 minutes or so. Bake for 1 hour.


Enjoy

Mary

No comments: