Thursday, September 01, 2005

Dick and I had SO many errands this morning. We left the house at 7:30 and didn't get home until after 11:00. First, we went to breakfast. Then to see Sue to have Dick's blood tested. Next, we went grocery shopping, followed by stops at the Post Office, the bank and Mother's house. Tomorrow would have been Mom and Dad's 66th wedding anniversary. Dick and I always give her flowers for the anniversary. I did that the year Dad died and when Mother got this wonderful smile and said that she wondered if anyone would remember, we knew that this had to be a yearly event. And it has.

After we left Mother's we went back home, via the Pet Store on the south side of Sheboygan, where we got a new retractable leash for Chelsea. Her old one broke on Wednesday as we were passing Reverand Tim's house. Chelsea and his dog Isiah were barking and running at each other both on leashes. She was just as surprised as I was when it broke.

The last stop was at Walgreen's to fill a prescription. Then home and were we EVER glad to get there.

This evening the Blessed Trinity choir practiced for the first time since July. We are getting ready for Celtic Mass. I went a little early to help introduce the Brendan song to the Kindercore who practiced from 6 to 7. They are such a nice group of young kids. We sang Circle of Love and reviewed the Lament that I have written the words to. I will keep you informed as to how that goes. I can hardly wait to go to Writer's Club in October and tell our young Don that I have written lyrics too. He does a lot of them. Quite a talented young man.

So that was my day. I want to finish with Cadfael. It was so appropriate for this season and for this year.

"September was again September, mellowed and fruitful after the summer heat and drought. Much of the abundant weight of fruit had fallen unplumped by reason of the dryness, but even so there would be harvest enouth for thanskgiving." Ellis Peters.

It amazes me how often the daily readings of the Book of Days fit the day.

Enjoy Friday. It is supposed to cool down to the 50s tonight.

Mary

Pray for all those souls in New Orleans. Let them be provided fresh water and a healthy place to sleep.

"God be good to anyone
Whose sleeping out tonight.
Tuck them in and keep them warm
And don't put out the light."

No comments: