Sunday, August 28, 2005

a picture of something

I decided to share this picture that I took of Big Oscar some time ago. I believe that we have mentioned that it is almost impossible to get t good picture of him because he is black. By black, we mean there are no variations, no contours - nothing to give any angles or dimension. I apparantly just got close enough and there was enough light in the room so that this picture turned out just great. To top it off, he was not looking directly at me (I think he was trying to pretend that I wasn't there at all) and the green lights in the eye were avoided too.

Bobbie, Jim and I shot pistol today. Jim was really hot I believe that his best score was an 85. WOW. I didn't do TOO badly. I got a 41 and two 51s. Haven't shot for a couple of weeks and my hands got sore. I have to get past that because league starts in two weeks.

The next five days are projected to be rather quiet. Then everything will break loose, starting with Labor Day Weekend and visits from George and Betsy and Nora and Leif with a get together at Randy and Donna's on Sunday. It will be so good to see them. The party starts at 4:00PM and I am working at Rhine from 12:00 to 4:00PM so it WILL be a busy day.

This morning, Beth and I sang the words I wrote to the music of Lament that we are singing at Celtic Mass and with a couple of minor changes, they work just fine. I am really rather proud of the effect.

I was telling Beth and Chris Musel, when they heard me walking accross the church after Mass, whistling softly that Roxie hates it when I whistle. They asked what she does, so I told them. She yells at me. I told them how the other day Dick decided to teas her and he whistled constantly until she stormed from my lap over accross the desks and stood right in front of him and told him off. If she could have crossed her arms and stamped her feet she would have. They thought that was really funny. So do I frankly.

Mary

Have a good week.

No comments: